Sunday, August 28, 2011

And suddenly it's Spring

Foggy
Foggy
In the neighborhood
Evening Light
It's getting Spring here

Today was the first day I was wearing sandals. Spring is here. You can smell it when you open the windows and you can feel the sun getting warmer when it shines on your skin. It is wonderful.
I was out with my camera yesterday and today and captured the foggy weather during lunch time and the beautiful evening sun from a friends balcony. We went to the movies to finally watch Beginners - what a beautiful movie.

I liked the part of the roof in the third image, I thought it is such a great pattern of rusty colors. If I could just have a closer look ....

Some trees have these 'pom pom' looking fruits hanging from their brunches. I am quiet fascinated by them and think they are beautiful.

You can see rhubarb in one of the images....I made some compote out of it this morning for our breakfast for this week...but I will show you soon more.

Maria

I made rhubarbe compote this morning, I will show you some images from it soon...


14 comments :

Trixi said...

Ach wie schön, Frühling... Und hier fühlt es sich heute mal wieder richtig nach Herbst an. Wir fragen uns gerade, wie wir eigentlich die Wintersaison überstehen sollen, ohne Besuch bei euch!

Andrea @ little buckles said...

Great spring photos. We're just waiting for autumn :)

sandra said...

how lovely!
like trixi says, it really feels like fall now. i love it, the air is so fresh and i sleep so well :) enjoy the rest of your sunday.

joana said...

beautiful beautiful photos!

caitlyn said...

so happy to have found your blog and flickr the other day. you have a wonderful world!

jana said...

Hallo Maria! Das Licht ist jedenfalls weiterhin wunderschön! Bei uns ist nach 2 Wochen schrecklicher Schwüle endlich ein bisschen Wind aufgekommen. Von Herbst kann man noch nicht sprechen, aber den September riecht man langsam...ich freue mich schon. Vor allem darauf, das Licht in der neuen Wohnung zu geniessen; im Moment ist es noch so heiss, dass man nachmittags alle Fensterläden schliessen muss...liebste Grüsse. Und mach dir keine Sorgen wg der Mail, ich war in den letzten Wochen auch kaum am Computer. Freu mich natürlich trotzdem immer über Post von dir :)

amy said...

the weather has been beautiful lately, almost time for spring picnics :)

celine said...

very nice photos, as always! and i can't wait to see the results of your rhubarb compote! :)

dear olive said...

I just adore seeing Sydney captured in your photos. Yay for Spring. I'm in sandals too! Kellie xx PS How gorgeous is beginners? I loved it. I think I smiled through the whole film.

MANDY said...

Beautiful pics Maria ....
I'm looking so forward to seeing Beginners !!!

P R I M O E Z A said...

don't you notice that everyone is in a good mood when the weather turns nice? love your pics, esp. the bottom one.

Kati said...

Hallo Maria,

ich würde dich gerne zwei Sachen fragen ... Okay?

Erst mal wollte ich wissen, was du arbeitest.
Und dann würde mich interessieren, ob du schon geheiratet hast.

Und das wars schon!

Liebe Grüße von Kati

Maria said...

beautiful set :)

Cara Edwards said...

how fantastic is this weather! i might take a walk with my camera today too. i keep sitting outside to do my homework, but nothing ever gets done because it's much more fun to laze around in the sun. i love the second image in particular.